International assigments, professional development, competences and skills
International assignments/ experiences
- Grown up and school in Austria (Carinthia and Burgenland)
- Since 1992 Thomas Pluch mainly lived and worked in Germany (München, Köln, Krefeld) with some exeptions,
- 1997/98 – 12 Month Key Account Management and Project Director of a large industrial project execution in Taiwan,
- 1998/99 – Marketing and Key Account Management with various business travels to the US and South America,
- 2007-2010 Stay abroad Paris, start to work as independent consultant and Interim Manager
As an Interim Manager working for various customers Thomas Pluch pays high attention to attend regularly professional trainings on the latest management tools and methods to make these competences available to his customers through his work:
- Certified OKR Master: Agile Leadership
- Manager of Digitalization (IHK): Agile Processes and Business Models
- Strategy Consultant (IHK): Development of a purpose-based strategy to maximize output
- Board Member for family business: qualification program
- NLP-Master: principles and values to deepen social competences
- Mid-sized company consultant and turnaround manager: strategy and implementation in crisis situations
- NLP Practitioner: principles and values as basis of social competences
- Mid-sized company subsidy management: possibilities to access public subsidies
- DISG Trainer: Utilization of personality models as a leadership tool in business context
- Qualified, authorized professional trainer qualification: In charge of trainees
Personal development and skills
- Practical, intercultural competence
- Leading international teams
- Languages: German (mother tongue), English (fluent), french (conversation level)
- Clear and adapted communication skills at every hierarchical level
- Socially competent
- Good listener
- Acting firmly, but also pragmatic in implementation
- Strong and assertive in execution
- Generalistic and cross-functional understanding of a company and its processes,
- Broad leadership experience, management of decentralized teams, management of change projects and organizational changes, management in agile and autonomous structures, development of a company vision.
Tasks and priorities in different functions
- Active HR management: Recruiting, Yearly review meetings, individual and collective objective definition, reduction of headcount in a socially acceptable way, trainings and employee’s personal development
- Definition and development of future business models
- Development of a Marketing and strategy study for a niche market for complex, technical products and services.
- Sales: Fill the pipeline of potential new customer prospects, direct sales, indirect sales, Account Management
- Technical competences: Engineering, selection of qualified suppliers and supplier management, project management and project control.
- Production management: Lean Management, Improvement of productivity, cost control, debottlenecking, outsourcing
- Supply Chain Management: continuous improvement of the entire supply chain.
- Purchasing: strategic purchasing, audits, supplier engagement
- Service Management: Business models, customer and added-value oriented, internal and external service organisation
Thomas Pluch is looking at a company in a holistic way and is using his experiences to develop your company as well as each individual to prepare it for the challenges of today and tomorrow in the best way.
Through his active and direct communication with all involved stakeholders of a change process, he is creating transparency and a trust-based environment to lead the company into the future!